| Barbara took this after I got to her house. I was not very happy, but I forgot about that and had a really good time. |
Hi Barbara,
I thought I would send you a letter before I came to spend
some time with you and Johnnie, so you could get to know me a little bit. My
mom also told me it would be a good idea and since I like to make her happy I’m
doing this (I would rather be playing, but oh well).
Sometimes I get up two times during the night; once to pee on
the pad and the other to play. Even
though I jump on my mom’s bed and sleep there a little while after I get up, I
don’t mind at all when she puts me back in my own snuggly bed in my own
playpen.
I usually wake up at around five o’clock and cry a little so
mom knows I’m awake. She lets me out of my playpen and we go into the guest
room so as not to wake up daddy. We snuggle for a while and then fall back
asleep. But at six I hear a noise and I bark a lot to protect mom. Then I
remember it’s the man who comes to help daddy. He’s a nice guy and I remember
that he comes every day and he is not going to hurt mom or daddy, so it’s okay
to go back to sleep with mom in the guest room.
We get up after the guy leaves and mom gets dressed really
fast and takes me out for a walk to poop. I’m still half asleep so I do my
business as fast as I can then we go back home and I go back to sleep in my
secret place for a little while until I get hungry.
Sometimes I feel like eating and sometimes I’m not that hungry.
Mom says I’m being fussy, but really,
when I’m hungry I eat. I know I’m growing because I used to hug mom and had to
reach up high to lick her chin. Now I can lick her ear and make her laugh, then
she rubs my tummy, which is my favorite thing.
Mom cooks chicken and I like to eat it frozen. She cuts my Vital log into bit sized pieces
that don’t get my beard messy, and maybe I’ll eat the kibble and maybe I won’t.
Mom picks up my bowl after a little while so I have to eat quick or it is gone
till the next meal. She puts food out three times a day, and most times I eat
it – or part of it.
I don’t like a dirty beard and Mom usually cleans mine with
a wet paper towel after I eat, but sometimes she forgets and I clean it myself
by rubbing my face all over the sofa, and then mom looks mad at me and we play
a game of chase until she throws her hands up in the air and walks away shaking
her head.
During the day I nap a lot and if I’m not doing that I’m playing
with my toys or, as mom says, bugging her to play with me. Sometimes I get
excited and run around with the ‘zoomies”. Mom says I’m really wild, but she
and daddy laugh while I’m running around.
Often mom and I “train”. I like that because I get a lot of
treats all at once. I can sit, lie down, sneeze, shake, beg, stay and sorta
heel. I don’t like heeling, but I am going to have a test and I need to heel to
pass it, so we practice that a lot.
I used to be afraid of big barky dogs, but I’m older now and
mom says I have grown out of that phase. I also went to a school that taught
mom and me how to help me when I was afraid. I thought it was stupid, but I
liked the other dogs and I’m not afraid any more, so I guess it was okay.
Mom takes me to different parks around town and I have some
friends I play with there. I also have friends in the building and we play up
on the roof of the parking garage. I love to run around without my leash, but
when I go on walks with mom I like to wear it because it makes me feel safe.
I can’t wait to play with Johnnie. I liked him when we met.
I will bring some toys for him to play with too.
Bye Bye….
No comments:
Post a Comment