7.06.2006

Thoughts On Chemotherapy

What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to glow - that is until it broke out in red splotches the second week after treatment. But that went away in the third week and my skin was clear until the fourth week when I had treatment again. I think it might have to do with the fact that my facial hair, along with all my other hair, was gone so my skin appeared smoother. It could also have been from the steroids I got at the start of each treatment, which I didn't know about until a friend who was going through the same protocol told me.

I lost hair from top to bottom and it's growing in the same way. My head hair is still an unidentifiable color. It’s about ¼ inch long in some spots. I'll have you know hair does not all grow in at the same rate, at least mine doesn’t. (I know you are dying to see a picture of this, but that ain’t going to happen! If I can’t go out in public without my wig or a scarf and hat on I am sure not going to plaster my bald self all over the internet). What I have going on is curly hairs occasionally sprouting up among the close to the scalp crop. My eyebrows are coming in, but they are very light – bummer. And the mascara I bought yesterday was premature. My eyelashes aren’t long enough yet to even try to put the mascara on, but I’m all set for the big day when I can twirl that tube and roll the brush along my think and luxurious lashes – if only..

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.