3.03.2013

Pippi Meets a Cat



The other day my friend Cynthia suggested I bring Pippi over to see how she took to her cats (5) and how they took to her. At four months Pip hasn't had any cats in her life and one of Cynthia's cats had never experienced a dog. I was excited but nervous. Our previous dog, Pepper, had his eye gored by a cat and I had no idea what to expect this time. I was going to watch things very closely, as was Cynthia. 
Pippi is the one in front.



The event turned out to be a non event. Cynthia's virgin to K-9's, cat was a no show, and watched Pippi from the periphery and Pip was so timid she didn't even take advantage of the wonderful fenced in yard in which to frolic. She pretty much stayed right by me, with an occasional trek out about 20 feet.

This photo was shot by Cynthia and is in part so cute because of the similar markings of the animals and the fact that her cat was so puffed up. That was about as close as they got to each other.

As a first time for all, it was an excellent experience. Now everyone knows everyones scent, the introductions have been made and now the fun can begin when they reconnect.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.