If you are someone who likes consistency and sameness from the blogs you read....forget it and get over it. Bloggers are encouraged to "keep it fresh', so we change the way our blog looks every now and then. I probably change my blog style more than most. Here is a hint - if you see a new style pop up it might mean 1) I am bored with the old look 2) I am bored with writing 3) I'm just bored 4) I am avoiding writing 5) I'm avoiding paying the bills, washing clothes or flossing.
Boredom and avoidance are my two biggest challenges. My subconscious is finally attuned to move me to auto pilot knee jerk movement whenever these two conditions are lurking near by, such as they were this afternoon.
But really, in my defense, I am trying to grow into a big girl blog. A lot of the well read blogs by women don't have a lot of fancy frills and background noise. The content stands out. Granted my content is sporadic and doesn't follow any particular theme, such as cooking, parenting, shopping etc. but hopefully it speaks to you on some level. If only to get a smile out of you. And blogging is like any practice, one has to do it consistently in order to get good at it. I am beginning to finally understand the value of this lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment