2.27.2011

DIY Earring Holder

I am just too clever...

The other day I cleaned my jewelry area, and in the process created a nifty earring holder for wire dangle earrings. To say, "I created," is taking a lot of license. What I did was uncover an old box my watch came in, and put it to good use. I am forever keeping things that I may need or use later. Mostly I throw the stuff out when the clutter becomes unbearable, but this time I proved that saving assorted junk is sometimes useful. Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your having to move in order to store your rubbish which you are sure you will put to good use in some future moment.


You can see in the photo a shell which I use as a storage container for my favorite earrings. These are ones I use frequently. It is not very big and often the earrings end up scattered across the top of my chest, which of course defeats the purpose of keeping them in the shell. Plus, and this was a real aggravation, the wires of my dangles would mate with anything close by and end up a tangled mess.

When I unearthed the watch box, I slid one of the untangled earrings onto it as a temporary safe spot after detangling. Straight away I loved the look and the practicality of this arrangement, and hung the rest of my favorites over and around the edge of the box.

My suggestion is, of course to imitate what I did with such success. However, if you don't have any sturdy round watch boxes, I think any strong, rather tall (3") box would do nicely for this arrangement.

Good luck with this project.  Please feel free you share any of your jewelry or clothing, for that matter, DYI (Do It Yourself) successes. We  can all learn from this.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.