For my birthday, my wonderful daughters got me Wii (pronounced we). For those of you out of the loop, it is a game system with a wireless remote controller that detects movement. You might have seen the commercials with these two Asian guys? It's sort of like virtual reality, but not quite.It's simple to set up, but in my case it's taken me two evenings, so no blogging, to figure out I had to disconnect the audio feeds from the CD player and hook up the Wii feeds in those slots on the back of the TV which I had to pull, twist and wrench around to get to the back. But I finally got it and have been playing ever since.
The system comes with Wii Sports and the kids got me an extra game for my brain. I chose to start with the sports figuring it was going to be less challenging, and I was right. Golf is as boring to me playing it on Wii as it is traipsing around a golf course, but I bowling I like and did well, and that's always good for the ego. With the tennis I kept laughing at the little trolls they have as players, but once I got my rhythm down, I could at least hit the ball. I lost every game though and the poor troll who was me was devastated and hung his head in disgust.
The Brain Academy, I was assured by the girls, even though it looks like it is for kids, is challenging. A. was so cute when she was telling me the demographics of purchasers of Wii, trying to be subtle in saying that seniors are the ones who use it most...good for the brains and body. I agree, it has a lot of potential...specially in the senior centers, which I DO NOT go to yet.
Not being raised on these kind of games (I played Sorry until I wore out the board) it's going to take some getting used to, but it's fun. So that's where I've been...behind my TV trying to figure it out, or in front of it trying to smash a ball and win.
No comments:
Post a Comment