9.13.2007

Wii Thoughts

This post is the solidification of a feeling/thought/impression I had yesterday when I was setting up the Wii at the same time I was programing my new cell phone. Well, not exactly at the same time...

There was a time when I jumped at the chance to get the newest gadget out there. Give me an Apple computer when no one had heard of it. PDA's - bring them on! I wish I still had my first clunky mobile phone (which weighed about 10 pounds) because it's probably worth a lot of money now....you get my drift, I didn't see anything electronic as a challenge.

Yesterday, setting up the phone I had the first inkling of old peoples complacency. What that is, is settling for the familiar and known simply because it is easier and safer than trying something new. I'm glad to have the new phone because it works better than the old one, but I really liked my old one and if it wasn't dropping calls I'd still have it because I know how it worked and was comfortable with it.

My point is, I didn't have a passion like I used to have to get a new phone just because it was something new, and that worries me. I'm terrified one day soon I will wake up in the clothes I've been wearing all week, and not think a thing about it. I want to learn, grow and push myself until I can't any more. I challenge you to keep a look out for this slowly creeping condition of stagnating complacency, and when you see it, run like hell the other way up a tall mountain and yell "Not Me, No Way, Bring It On!"

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.