
This morning was a two call morning. What that means is I had to call my cell phone twice, two separate times to find it. Now, what do you think that means?
I think it shows how scattered I am, try though I might to stay focused on one thing until it's complete. The Buddhists say, When you eat, eat. I think of this often, but can't seem to translate it into real life as I'm running around trying to get things done.
When I was younger I was able to do many things at once with what I thought of as success. Now, as my sun is cresting even finishing one job until it's wrapped up takes a real effort of concentration and awareness which I am often not up to.
For those of you in a similar predicament, and I know there are a bunch of you, this is not earth shattering info. What it is, is comforting, or should be. I thought I was pre-Alzheimer's, a couple of years ago, but since then I've been reading about more and more of us with the same condition. It's almost like the aluminum from the TV dinners we all ate growing up is finally kicking in, and as a cohort (that would be we boomers) we are having concurrent mental melt downs.
This doesn't do much for keeping track of my cell phone, but I do feel better being a member of this group. It also gives me blow off options, which I didn't have when I was younger. It wasn't cool to say, "I forgot," something, like a date or term paper. Now, when I say I forgot #1. people know I really did forget, #2. they probably forgot too, or #3. unless they are young, they don't much care.
No comments:
Post a Comment