Now it's M/D Weekend time again and this year we are going, instead of someplace new, to a small barrier island we know about, to fish. Yep, that's right fishing - not going to outlets or meandering through store after store. It's a first, and we are all excited about it. I've got more books packed than clothes (I always over pack books), and am looking
forward to searching for shark's teeth, a local pastime. Black shark teeth are actually fossils and difficult to tell from the small black stones that wash up on the shore. These, at the right are large examples of teeth, mostly gotten by diving. The ones we go for on the beach are tiny, but it's still fun and challenging. Venice, Florida, just down the pike from Sarasota is the Shark Tooth Capital of the World., so if there are some storms between now and the time we get there on Wednesday, there's a good chance we will get some good teeth, let alone good fish!As far as the blog goes I'm on my 196th post, and have some great readers...although a comment now and then would be wonderful. Radiation and all that cancer stuff is just a memory. I'm in better shape now because I'm listening to my body and feeding it really healthy foods; it likes certain exercises, so I'm doing them and feel stronger and stronger.
But the biggest thing is how incredibly grateful I feel for having a wonderful family and friends really, for everything. It's been a year of growth and I feel very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment