4.26.2007
What I Did On My Creative Day
Yesterday was a creative day for me, you know where I take the day off to do something creative - like living isn't enough. Anyway, I went to our Bayfront park where they are having an outdoor art exhibit called Embracing Our Differences. These pictures don't do the show justice, because it's really neat. But the wind was stiffly blowing and these babies were flapping around even though they had vent holes, so most of the shots I took I didn't like. The art was collected from schools in the area and local artists. From reading the press release it appears the show doesn't travel which is a shame - we can all learn to embrace our differences.
This picture shows a deserted park, but about five minutes after I took this picture a boat load of school buses showed up and dropped off hundreds of little kids. I guess for their end of the school year (yes, we down here are getting ready to have school over with for the summer) picnic. There were kids everywhere, but well organized in their little lines holding their buddies little hand, with their little name tags on their little chests. Very cute, but I over heard one mother who had been in the park before the deluge tell her son to get a move on, she wanted to get out of there before they got run over.
I opted for a quite bench under a tree and read. In the seven years we have been here I have never done that - my, my things they be a changing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment