4.12.2007

A New Thing I Did

I did something today I've never done before – I walked out of a doctor’s office before I was called for my appointment. I’m not real fond of waiting, and after a half hour watching everyone around me be called to go back I was getting a bad feeling. Even though I had seen this doctor only four years ago my records were in storage and I had to be treated (and pay) as a new patient. So I thought what’s the point? I can go to any GP as my primary doctor; so why should I drive all the way down here to sit in an office with a bunch of sick people to have an annual exam when there is nothing wrong?

I’ve bitched at my husband, about his impatience in the doctor’s office. If he isn’t with the doctor in 10 minutes he starts asking the receptionist how long it will be until he sees the doctor – like she would know. He’s left more than one office before he was called in. His idea is that the doctors don’t value the patients time as much as they value their own. Can you imagine keeping a doctor waiting while you put your makeup on the in bathroom? No, most of us hustle out butts down those ugly halls and sit in the freezing room on an uncomfortable chair or hard table and wait.

I have no qualms about leaving. If my doctor was so backed up I had to wait so long, she was probably glad to get the break my exit provided, and I got the chance to go to Marshall’s to look for a summer purse, which unfortunately I didn’t find.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.