This afternoon it's beautiful here in Sarasota, if not just a bit chilly for those of us who have adopted Florida as our state and therefore turning our northern blood into the consistency of cranberry juice and making us susceptible to infinitesimal changes in the temperature below 70 degrees. (How's that for a run on sentence?)
I thought it a good day to catch up on reading all the blogs I have subscribed to, no easy task, let me tell you. My first stop was Happy and Blue 2. I read him because he's often amusing and he is nice enough to sometimes make a comment on my blog, which puts him up there at the top. I had five of his posts to read, and as I finished I had the uncontrollable urge to go eat the blueberry pie I bought at the market today that was tonight's desert.
It was very good...and I'm sure my husband will be very happy to know just how good it was.
Now just this lunchtime I was lamenting to my husband the fact that my clothes seemed to be shrinking at an alarming rate, and I was going to start washing in cold water, as well as reduce the portion size of any food I ate just in case there was the off possibility I might be gaining weight. So I had enough lunch to feed a blue jay and by 3:30 I was starving, which coincidentally was about the same time I was reading Happy and Blue 2's posts. It really wasn't his fault, and I will tell my husband that...I will take full responsibility for eating the whole pie.
But the curious thing is, what triggered me to eat the pie? I have delicious hummus ready for dipping, a succulent peach all washed and ready to go, even a new jar of Ovaltine beckoning me, but I chose the pie. Probably I will never know, and I'm loosing interest in ever wanting to know (as I am sure you are also), I just wonder how many of our actions originate from some unobvious stimulus and not from our own conscious choosing. Perhaps Happy and Blue2 should be a food writer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
3 comments:
Hi Leah:
Funny you should be catching up on your blog reading because that is precisely what I am doing today. Too cold to go out - or am I spoiled? I've only lived here two months and already I wither whenever the mercury drops below 70.
Sorry if I am making you fat. But it does give me a good idea for making money.
I could steer people to my site, fatten them up and then start a diet blog which charges a fee to wean people off of the ever fattening Happy and Blue2 blog, ha,ha..
I personally think it is a celestial alignment thing. I don't know what is wrong with me. I feel like I could eat an elephant for lunch and another for dinner. Sure I have been on the rice diet for a couple of weeks and yes my weight is coming down but for the last couple of days I have been insanely hungry. Not good, as I am around my baby brother, a bon vivant from birth, who thinks more is always better and gets his kicks out of indulging me. I had almost lost those 10 stubborn holiday pounds...who knows where this will lead?
l*l
Post a Comment