2.18.2007

clever & creative ways to waste time that are good for you

I'm bored, so what is my favourite thing to do when I'm that way? Play on the net. (Actually I'm not bored, I'm stalling doing the laundry, paying bills and trying to find a new template for this blog).

As my wrist was doing the walking I came across some sites that are inspiring and make me feel creative, you know, ignite that little spark of "oh, I could do that," or "wow, that's cool".

Keri Smith has some great ideas to get your February atrophied brain working such as,
1. Find four photos/imagery you find interesting.
2. Go to the library and write down the titles of the first four books with red covers.
3. Relate the titles to the photos.
What she says about the experience:
Process: I found just doing step one was useful in creating some intriguing connections. juxtaposing the images creates a tension and the brain attempts to create meaning from the combinations. after putting the grid together i felt that this was interesting on it's own without the titles.


Another creative site which lead me to Keri's site is The Visual Chronicles. I got there because I'm thinking about doing collages and the book the Visual Chronicles looks like a great way to start, and it got great reviews on Amazon.

Have fun!



No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.