I've been busy... sumi-e painting classes, decorating and business - but as I was driving to work yesterday listening to The Mermaids Chair by Susan Monk Kidd she said something that stuck with me.
She described her mental/emotional bareness by saying something like, "When I stopped surprising myself....".
When was the last time you surprised your self? I can honestly say I can't remember if I have ever surprised myself by anything I've thought or done. That doesn't mean I've lived in a comfortable hole all my life, but I guess I'm predictable to myself. I'm not sure I'd want to surprise myself every day, but once in a while might be a lot of fun.
2.28.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment