Tonight as I was grinding up yet another meal of failed gourmet extravaganzas I turned on the water to flush the stuff down the drain, then I absent mindedly turned it off while the disposal finished its business. That feeling of dread I got when I ripped the "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" tag off my pillow when I was eight hit me right in the tummy. Would the garbage disposal police come slamming through our extra secure door and arrest me for running w/o water? The pillow cops never showed, but times are different now.
The truth be known, the disposal ground its self better without the steady wash of water. Lately I have had to pull icky things out of it's bowels because it was obvious to me and everyone here in the house that the disposal didn't like those onion peels or lemon rinds I had thoughtlessly thrown in, and only wanted curdled milk or green crusted week old soup. So tonight when the grinding stopped and only a smooth sounding hum came from my sink, I felt more bonded with my disposal than ever before - it was finally clean and seemingly happy (if a disposal can have those kind of feelings) and I was gratified.
I'm curious, do you sometimes run your disposal without water, at least for a little while, and how does that make you feel?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment