1.23.2007

A Fun Way to Spend Time with a Friend



My friend G, who is an artist taught me how to do, as she calls it - Dance Painting. You start out with a sopping wet canvas. Then you pour your acrylic paint on and move the canvas around or tip it so the paint drips down, or up or sideways. As you go along and there is more paint used, you can pour the paint on and lay the canvas flat so the color stays in one spot but bleeds in that area.

This kind of painting is harder than it looks - at least for me. My first attempt turned to a muddy color so I sprayed the canvas off with G's garden hose and started over. My creation needs some work, so G is going to fix it up. Right now I don't like it much, but the painting process was a real learning experience for me; I realized I'm much more comfortable taking pictures than making them!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your painting, it reminds me of a sunset in the islands. Sometimes the lesson is about the process and not the final product.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your painting - totally cool!

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.