1.22.2007

TimeLine

Again this is from memory, but I'm pretty sure I was not buying into the 'cancer' fear. I was anxious to do the biopsy and wanted to get it over with but was thinking it was still a lump. I had to go through the rig-er-ma-roll of waiting for the results of the ultra sound to go to my doctor, for him to call me and tell me I needed a biopsy (which of course I already knew) then schedule the thing, which was tough because of the time of year. Finally I had a needle biopsy on December 14th and the results were delivered the next day.

The needle biopsy was less like a sewing needle (which is what I thought it was going to be like) and more like a knitting needle plunging into my breast. It was uncomfortable but not excruciating - I think they gave me a bunch of little shots around the site to numb the area. As the needle went into the tumor and snipped a bit of it off there was a thumping sound and a slight jerking that freaked me out. They were way to thorough and could have gotten along with less snipping I have to say, but they were very nice and sensitive, so I excused their obsessiveness. I went home to wait for my appointment the next day.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.