1.05.2007

The Rusty Entertainer

Tomorrow I’m hosting a clothes swap. This might not seem like a biggie, but when you don’t entertain much (if at all), it is! I came up with this list of what I have to do today while I was taking a shower where, incidentally, I get a lot of good thinking done.

• Considering this event is happening at 9:30 in the morning I’m going to have to give my friends something to nibble but I know some are on Low Carb, some the Rice Diet, and some Low Fat – so much for simple Dunkin Doughnuts.
• I don’t have a coffee pot that holds more then 10 cups.
• I only have five coffee cups that aren’t chipped or otherwise contaminated by stains or cracks,
so I guess that takes care of worrying about a big pot.
• I have to go buy toilet paper (I just ran out)!
• I like to use cloth napkins, but I gave them away, so I need to get some fancy paper ones (keeping up with the Jones’s you know).

That’s just for the inconsequential food part. The deal is where to put the clothes as they arrive.

• I have to vacuum the floors, chairs and sofa to get up all the dog hair from Pepper and Steve (husband, Armenian – need I say more?).
• I must get the crumbs and jelly out of the dining room table cracks, because I know there will be clothes put on it and I don’t want them to stick.
• It’s a necessity to put away the piles of books and magazines I intend to read some day so people can move around to get the clothes. Probably I should have done that a while ago.
• I should dust, but it’s not a priority right now. If tomorrow I think we are going to have to lay some clothes on a surface that needs dusting I'll do it then. It’s nasty to pick up a nice black outfit with a bunch of dust stuck to it.
• I have to figure out just where they are going to put the clothes. I only have a sofa, a bed, the afore mentioned dining room table, chairs and a hat rack. I reckon there is going to be a lot of piling going on. Of course, there are doors which will make convenient clothes hooks.
• I only have a few cheep wire hangers having converted to white plastic ones after a particularly inspiring Martha Stewart show, and I need the cheep ones to hang stuff on. Can you imaging – giving them all away and now I need them? You see, there
is a reason to keep stuff!

I have to stop, I’m making myself nervous, and when I do that, I have a lot of hot flashes -ugh! Wish me luck.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.