1.08.2007

How Blogging has Changed My Life - Sort Of

I've noticed since I've started blogging I’m getting faster at writing. What used to take me two hours to write I'm now able to whip off in oh, a hour and a half, which leaves more time to do my nails and eat bon bons.

I'm using fewer words - translated that means I'm less wordy in writing and speaking. I found an article through Clipmarks called 10 Tips to Eliminate Wordiness and I'm taking it to heart in my writing. I speak fewer words because I'm blogging/writing more. However I have begun talking to myself, and of course, I read any post out loud before I publish it. So those two activities give me some company during the day as well as the occasion to fall off the wordy wagon, but I am watching it.

I'm looking at my daily experiences with deeper eyes, seeing how or if what's happening could be useful to anyone who stumbles upon this blog. This perspective takes me apart from any drama that should occur by creating an interesting outsider viewpoint. But remember from above, I'm alone most of the day, so really much of my daily experience comes from reading about your experiences in your blogs, so amp it up for me OK?

As a hungry learner, I am in hog heaven when I'm in the blog sphere. If nothing else, blogging has packed my brain with colossal amounts of useless, inconsequential, sometimes fraudulent and wonderful information. My brain is so constipated I need a purge in order to write something intelligent...so I write stuff like this.

Blogging has also helped with my recipe collecting addiction, but more on that later.

I feel I'm a part of a community. No one much knows about me because I rarely make comments (a condition I'm going to change), and few read my blog, nonetheless I group my self as a blogger, and am proud of it.

That's all I can think of right now. What about you, has blogging changed your life at all?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging has changed my life. I now have absolutely no free time at all,ha,ha..

Unknown said...

Hey, save some of the bon bons for me. No, seriously, I love your blog and commend you for putting it out there. Happy to know I can still feel connected to you and your world, when I am off traveling around. Keep up the good work.
L*L

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.