there comes a time in every blogger's life when they get stuck and can't generate a simple post? I mean, it's not like we stop talking or thinking. Today I was ranting about Bush's ridiculous military plan. But do you think I can recapture that energy now that I'm in front of a keyboard and ready to rant? No, it's just too much effort. It's as if the connection between my brain and fingers is frayed and my little neurons are on vacation - my fingers are primed but my brain is at the mall.
I think it has something to do with the holidays and being over extended. Someone once told me that procrastination is really a way of dealing with overwhelm. Think about it. You don't call those people back because it means putting yourself out there and you've already put yourself out there enough doing whatever, so you don't call, write or otherwise follow through with what you said or implied you would do.
What I'm experiencing is a form of procrastination, sort of. I'm hunkering down, wrapping my psyche in a snugly blanket and waiting for the storm to pass, and it will. All synapses will be functioning on full forward tilt here in no time.
I just felt I needed to say this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment