Tonight have hindsight, which I did not have last night...I have wrapped and packaged all the gifts for Michigan & North Carolina where my kids live. I have to say I didn't use any of the tips you will read below, but I thought about using them. I just tunneled through the job, my habitual wrapping techniques resurrecting for their once a year party.
I guess the question is - why do we bother with the wrap? My mom spent about a month, set up on her card table snuggled in the corner of her bedroom, wrapping the most elaborate and beautiful packages even Martha would be proud to have done. I reduced many of them to shreds in about a half hour, max. As an adult I appreciate the amount of work she put into wrapping them, but as a kid all I wanted was the stuff behind the paper. I don't think that's changed much over the years. So I suggest we save a bunch of trees and reduce the landfills by outlawing wrapping paper for children's gifts. Only adults can have their gifts wrapped. What do you think?
- For a striking look - learn how to wrap with fabric here and an oriental flair here.
- I think most of us know about wrapping with the comics, but did you ever think about using an old calender or map?
- Here is the ultimate - a video on how to wrap an awkward gift like a mug.
- Read about how to wrap your gifts to make a statement here.
- Did you ever consider your posture while you were wrapping, until it was too late, and standing upright was impossible? Learn how to wrap ergonomically here.
1 comment:
We just use gift bags. Over and over again. Each bag has a story. A boring story but a story just the same..
Post a Comment