12.17.2006

Blocked, but Flowing Freely

In happy and blue2's blog awhile back mentioned he didn't get a response from a post he sent another blogger (maybe it was me), anyway he went on to ruminate about how bad he was returning emails etc. Me too. I have email stacked up like fall leaves ready to reply to and I just can't bring myself to do it. It's just too much! I even have created a NOW folder where I stuff the to-be-responded-to email, which is rather clever of me, I think, because I just don't open it.

Another thing I find nearly impossible, is to write a thank you note. It's not a personal thing, like "I hate that creepy thing you gave me", but more like a block. When I was a kid my mom made me, on Christmas day afternoon (boo-hoo), write thank you notes. No wonder I'm phobic about them, eh?

When I was considering starting this blog the thought zipped through my head that if I can't write people back, how am I going to blog? Well, since I've been doing it for a while I can say - easily. Blogging is like going into a bar and talking to the bartender - it's intimate, but impersonal. I can say stuff , and because I will never see any of you, I have a sense of freedom that I don't have if we were face to face. Do you know what I mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The response I didn't get wasn't from something I sent you. It was an email I sent to someone who I have read a long time who never comments on my blog.Or responds to my emails, apparently,ha,ha..

I feel exactly the same way about blogging. Intimate but impersonal describes it perfectly..

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.