11.05.2006

Yum Yum Good - Everyone Loves Chocolate

Yes, I know doing a recipe is a cop out for my NaBloPoMo commitment, but hey, it's Sunday, already! Plus it's really good.

This is a great Chocolate Syrup recipe that I make from a 1944 Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

1 c. cocoa or 4 sq. unsweetened chocolate
2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

2 c. cold water
3 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine the cocoa or chocolate (cut in pieces), the sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the water, and cook over low heat until thickened and smooth - about 5 min. - while stirring, or beating with an egg beater if necessary. Cool slightly, and add vanilla. Pour into a glass jar, seal and keep in the frig. Can be used for chocolate milk, shakes or topping for that banana split you are craving. I have madethis recipe with less sugar and a little bit of stevia and it's delicious too. It thickens up as it cools.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.