8.13.2006

Thoughts On Blogging

I realized today that I'm spending more time reading about blogging than I am writing my blog. I love the blogging world (I know it has an official name, but I can't recall it right now), but I don't think it's a healthy world for folks with ADD. For those of us that easily loose focus, a blog with a lot of links can be our downfall for the day. Like Orca, we may resurface at some point during the day, or not depending on where the links lead us.

For instance, this morning I shot some outstanding cloud formations and turned on my computer to load them. I have a blog reader that opens on startup, and that was all it took - I was off considering the pros and cons of ergonomic office chairs before I had my second cup of coffee.

I have always had a problem with disciplining myself, and so admire those who get up in the pre-dawn to run/do yoga/cook/meditate/write/go to the gym/floss, and often berate myself for lying in my featherbed (no kidding, I have one) until the sun rises and the energy of the world lifts me out of bed.

Blogging is challenging me to hyper focus on the task in front of me, such as writing, and I’ve made a deal with myself. Only when I have something down that is reasonably readable, will I allow myself to descend into the oblivion of link exploration. Bye…

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.