
Yesterday I bought the greatest purse at Off 5th at the outlet mall. I told myself it was an end of the cancer experience gift. Yeah right, I would have bought it anyway. It’s a Cole Haan, and feels so smooth and soft under my arm. It squeaks a little as the leathers of the strap rub together, reminding me of the English ridding saddles I used when I was a kid trying to learn how to control 1500 pounds of horse flesh.
Buying anything expensive is an experience to savor. After I let go of the anxiety from spending that much money (even at the outlets), I held this purse up to my nose and smelled the lush scent of the leather, and felt rich. I stroked the sides together and the leather shifted under my palms into the slouchy look I had coveted in the magazines, and I felt fashionable. I set the purse on my shoulder and strutted around, looking at myself from every mirror in the apartment. I modeled it for my husband, which was a complete waste of time, but allowed me to strut some more. Then I sat down an snuggled with it for a while before I put all my junk in it. I am now thoroughly bonded with this purse.
***************************************
Off 5th is having a sale from Monday August 14th – Wednesday August 23. 30% off any one item.
No comments:
Post a Comment