I don't know about you, but I'm groaning a lot when I get out of bed these days. I have tried yoga and other non-aerobic (I hate to bounce) methods of getting my self un-stiff, but no technique really grabbed me, up until now.
WPBS produces a show called Classical Stretch. I stumbled on it when my friend suggested I try yoga again. The yoga airs at 6:30 am in Sarasota and that is way to early for yours truly. So I looked for an alternative and saw Classical Stretch airing at 7:30 which was more like it.
The show is based on the techniques of Miranda Esmonde-White, a former ballet dancer up in Montreal, so there is a lot of ballet-like movements that stretch you as well as make you feel graceful while you are doing it. She chooses beautiful settings and music; and everyday is different. So for those of us easily bored and looking for any excuse not to exercise, you won't get it here.
The best yet - the show is only a half hour long and you feel wonderful when you are finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment