7.30.2006

Freedom

Today I went without my wig. I have worn a wig since my hair fell out in January. Actually, I worn one before that, but only because I have/had (I'm hoping mine will grow in thicker with lovely curls) thin fine hair. I also think I look better in a wig which makes me feel more confident etc.

If I'm not wearing a wig, I wear a scarf with a fetching straw hat. I'm probably not fooling anyone except myself, but when I was really bald, I scared even myself. Now that my new growth is about 1/2 inch I'm not so frightening.

I felt so liberated. Feeling the air blow through my virgin hair just made me happy. No one stared or looked at me funny, and if they did, so what? I can't make everyone feel about me the way I want them to feel. I have no control over that - which is a fairly new insight, I might add, and many people in my life are grateful I've finally had this realization.

I never knew how sensual a head is until I had no hair and felt everything through my scalp. During the winter I wore a crochet hat to bed because my head got cold. How these bald men go around without a hat in winter astounds me. At one point I was thinking of making a modern version of the Night Cap, then I discovered bandanas, and wearing them to bed was a whole lot easier than starting another company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer cure, breast cancer current treatment and breast cancer for beginners: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.