Mine is reading a dog psychology book - oh brother! She got it from the library and she only has it for three weeks. I don't know how long that is, but I know it isn't forever, so this will be over soon.
The other day while Mine and Rolly were having their cocktails she was reading to him out of the book. I listened (even though it looked like I was chewing a bone) because she was reading about how dogs get attention and I thought I could pick up some pointers.
Attention getting is anything that messes with what the people are trying to do. I know about this because when Mine is trying to wash clothes I want to play in the pile and I go after her purple socks and then she chases me. It doesn't always work out for me though, sometimes she gets mad and won't even look at me.
The book says the people have to look at the dog for the game to begin. Like begging at the table. If the people look at the dog they are goners because we can look pathetic and make the people feel bad. If they ignore us by not looking we have to really do some work to get their attention like barking, whining or crying. But we have to be careful not to push the people too hard or it will backfire and we will get nothing and have to go take a nap because we are so tired from trying so hard, plus we are still hungry. Good point.

No comments:
Post a Comment