9.17.2013

Breakfast!!!

My Breakfast. Yummmm.
I wanted you to see how my mommy makes my breakfast. I eat breakfast three times a day, or that's what mommy calls it. I think she just likes to say "BREAKFAST!!" Because she says it in a loud squeaky voice that hurts my ears a little, but it gets my attention. Then I get curious what's there and go check it out, and mostly it is delicious. 

Mommy says as soon at I get to be a year old I will graduate to eating breakfast two times. I graduated from puppy class and it was fun - missing a breakfast doesn't sound very fun to me. Maybe by graduating I will be able to eat chicken because I am so much older. 

I really like frozen chicken, but it doesn't like me and I poop a lot after I eat it. One time mommy thought to freeze my canned food to see if it was the frozen or the chicken I liked. It was the frozen because I can pick it up and take the piece to my bed and eat it lying down all cozy and everything. Now mommy freezes my food in chunks all the time.

So this picture shows some rice and kibble which I only eat when I'm really hungry. Those big things are the frozen chunks and the small squares, my favorite, is the raw stuff mommy cuts up from a tube. A thing I have trouble with is I don't like it when my beard gets food on it. Mommy figured out if I had a flat plate I could pick up the pieces without getting my beard messy. I still do sometimes, but I rub my nose all over my bed and that cleans everything up pretty good. Mommy frowns a little but as long as I don't rub on the sofa she is okay. Sometimes I have to stand still while she wipes my beard - I don't like that very much, but I sorta feel better after she is finished. I wonder - why can't I have my breakfast the floor and push it around so I don't get my beard messed up?
See how nice my beard is now?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Pip is a lucky girl! I have found that with breeds like Pip's (Havanese), you have to play with their food to spark their interest. This may not sound appealing to do it indoors, so you may want to try it outdoors, but playfully toss her food across the floor & tell her to go get it. Some dogs will pick it up & flip it in the air & wait for you to do it over again a few times before they keep it & take it to a safe place to eat it. Let me know if this I the case with Pip.

Leah said...

Hey Meg!! I did it, I played "Find It" and hid the food , threw it around and she loved it!! Great suggestion for when she is fussy....don't want to make a daily habit of doing that, but perfect for those off times.

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.