2.08.2011

Creativity Flows at Border's

I have been sitting in this uncomfortable chair for three hours. Those three hours have been the most creative way I have spent my time in a while.

Why is it I can do better work here in the anonymous place full of unfamiliar noises and smells than I can at home in my cushy office chair and cluttered desk? I feel like Hemingway. That is, until I walk out the door and have no bulls to contend with, just snowbird tourists.

I now understand the allure of the cafe, kindred souls, sharing but not communicating. I have a friend who is a travel blogger (Hole in the Donut) currently in Thailand. When she was is town she would spend her time moving from cafe to cafe while she did her work. I thought it an unusual arrangement unless she was on the move while traveling. I now get it! I just wish the chairs were padded.

1 comment:

Barbara Weibel said...

Yes! There's such a creative energy that flows through the cafes and bookstores that it's easy to tap into. Glad you finally discovered it and thanks for the link!

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.