1.06.2011

What's Your Word?

What is your word of the year? New concept, isn't it? We are used to resolutions and the endless cycle of making them and breaking them. But what would happen if, instead of airless promises we had a guiding star, in the form of one word, to lead through the year?

For years I have been reading Christine Kane's blog. She is a young woman, musician and motivational coach (those are my words). She tells how years ago a friend introduced her to the Word of the Year concept, and she has not looked back since. She feels so strongly she has created a free nine page manual to help us decide what our perfect word will be.

This is a word we choose that defines our expectations, goals and intensions for the year. Brillant! Even before I finished her post (link above) the word EXPLORE vaulted into my mind. I am going to own that word for a year.

How I see it working, and this is before I have read the manual so there may be some concept changes for me, is when I am balking at trying something new, I remember my word EXPLORE and the energy of the word carries me over and above my resistance. That is one long sentence, but you get my drift.

Now, own and share with us your word.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.