Turbo Tax offers a free online program called It's Detectable that enables you to keep track of all your donations to charity and mileage to and from volunteer jobs. Very cool.
I also discovered See Jane Work, an online store for all things to do with organizing the beautiful way. I was really impressed with the file folders!
Clutter doesn't stop with my desk, unfortunately. I seem to have an issue with my fridge too. I recently was lead to the Unclutterer blog where a post from Serious Eats doesn't tell us classically how to un-clutter the fridge, but it is useful to help you figure out how long to keep foods that live in your fridge so as not to let them morph into an unrecognizable guest. So I guess that could be considered uncluttering.
Good Housekeeping (of all places) has a nifty thing where you can define your problem clutter area and it will give you tips on how to fix it up in 30 minutes.
Here is a psyche site about clutter and what it is and is not. "Clutter is thing you have not made a decision about." YES! That's it, that's my whole problem. I have piles of papers I have no idea what to do with, and that's after I've thrown out a bunch of them. They distract me, and this site says clutter is not about cleaning (whew) it's about getting clarity and focus. Makes me want to organize, yep, it does.
If you are a recipe collector like me, perhaps this recipe cheat sheet over at Angry Chicken will help you organize some of your favorites, or give you an idea how to process the mounds of untried dishes that sound so good.
I will continue this scrounging around the organizing/uncluttering lobe of the web-o-sphere for a while, since you all seem to fancy what I find. Maybe if I read about de-cluttering enough I will eventually do it, but don't hold your breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment