1.10.2008

Organizing Gone Amuck


This pitiful mess is my office. NO, this is NOT how it usually looks (as you might suspect by all the organizing and planning posts I do). This mess is because I've moved the Leah's Natural skincare business across the way to a space I'm sharing with my friend Cynthia to make room for a new venture.

Many of you don't know, but I'm partnering with Joan, whom I've mentioned here frequently, and we are starting Raw Raw Foods, where we make and deliver tasty, crunchy, healthy and beautiful lunches to the folks who live and work in downtown Sarasota.

I will get into that at a later post but, for now, I'm dealing with this horrendous mess on my hands! FYI-all the stuff I've been reading about organizing has been less than helpful. I'm reverting to my old ways to do the filing, which I could always find, and the rest of the stuff, which I haven't seen in a couple of years, I'm purging...that is, tossing in the garbage. I'm over thinking, "I bet I will be able to use this someday."

If you think that way - get a grip people, there is no someday, because you don't remember you even have the stuff you saved after about a year. And even if there is a faint memory of (whatever), you don't have the slightest idea where it's stored! So throw it out (with the intension of helping yourself simplify) into the can in the garage, copy room or recycling bin. You have my permission. Plus, even if you remember (whatever) and where it is, it's so old, outdated or boring you want something new anyway. Do the world a favor give it away so someone else can enjoy it while it still has some life in it....isn't that the right thing to do?!

HOWEVER, since I'm sort of a gadget junkie, as well as ever hopeful of finding the perfect solution, I'm considering getting the (of all things) The Desk Apprentice™ Rotating Desk Organizer.

Does the name strike a bell? For those of you that watch the
Apprentice it should, for moi, it ran up against my gray matter wall. Come to find out the kids on some past Trump Apprentice show made this thing, and Staples bought it! It looks tres practical, for those of us who are practically challenged. A little big (16x16 x11), but if your desk isn't covered in a bunch of desk-type litter you will have lots of room...right?

Thanks for letting me vent, that is if you made it to this point. Feel free to share any grim organizing stories or photos that will enable us all to feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sistah! I saw a preview of your new business cards yesterday, and they rock! You need to run the ol' spell checker over your new website, though. Check out the last navigation link on the right! I'm going to call you soon about stopping by for some lunchola. Stay hot!

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.