10.14.2007

My List

I know it's presumptuous of me, to think any of you would be interested in what I consider important, useful, beautiful or otherwise mentionable, but so be it, you're gonna get the list because I feel like listing things.
  • When I was in California I bought myself a present of a necklace from New York jeweler Me&Ro. It's a small Buddhist mirror on a leather cord. The booklet you get which describes the characters and symbols etched on the jewelry says, the mirror represents consciousness and, "whatever appearances arise as reflections, be they beautiful or ugly, inherently good or evil, the mirror passes no judgment on them." Isn't that beautiful? How could I not get it?
  • Again in California, I discovered the store Lucy. Devoted entirely to active wear, they have pants that actually fit me and are well made. Kim, the attentive sales person brought me about 12 pairs of pants in differnt sizes and lengths. Check out the bamboo lounge pant - it feels like you have nothing on...heaven.
  • My favorite kitchen tool is the K-Tec blender. Yes, I'm a defector from the Vita-Mix camp, but I like the K-Tec's easy cleaning and 3 horsepower motor. Mine has been discontinued, but the replacement looks just as good.
  • Since I've been on a clothing binge, I'll mention Tao of Freedom. I discovered them at an aesthetics show. I got an outfit which is actually a uniform, but it fits so wonderfully and feels so good, and is made so well, I will wear it all the time. This line is not for the feint of heart, as you will see.
  • Elements of E-Mail Style by Angell and Heslop I discovered in the library and renewed it twice. You probably don't see a difference in my writing, but I'm using fewer adjectives and have nearly eliminated my use of 'that' - as in "I said that I would ..".
  • I'm scouring the Internet these days looking for affordable art. I came to 20X200 and bought this picture. It arrived Friday, and looks just as it does on the site. Other art sites I like are; Linda Woods, the Tiny Showcase and Jennifer Gordon, all of them have art under $25.00.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.