I have had such fun today catching up on my blog reading. I don't know, holiday weekends always give me permission to goof off...not that reading fellow bloggers is goofing off, ohhh nooooo.I came across this arresting picture on Zen Habits, with the title 6 Steps to Loose the Buddha (Belly) attached to it, so duh, I'm gonna read it. Go read the whole thing yourself, but here is one of the highlights.
No more sit ups! Author Sara Ost of Healthblot.net says, "While isolated movements can tone individual muscle groups, for true core fitness, it’s better to do integrated exercises that strengthen your entire body – with defined abs being the happy side effect. One of her suggested exercises is the Standing Weighted Arm Lift.
"You’ll need two 5-15 pound dumbbells. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Flex your abs and glutes (tuck ‘em) like you’re about to take a punch. The key ingredient here is ultimate tension. Make your body as rock hard as possible during this entire exercise! Now, slowwwwly bring your arms up in front of you to shoulder-height (or higher, if you’re fit). Slowly lower. Repeat. Oh, and remember to hiss as you exhale. Are you hissing? Because that’s important.
Do this until you fall over".Sounds like a plan, doesn't it? I'm gonna try it, and if I remember, I'll let you know how I'm doing...better yet, I'll send you a picture of my 6-packs - now that's a scary thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment