After a flood in my studio yesterday and some dramatic hoop-ta-la in my life which is so boring I wouldn't even blog about it, I want to share with you what I did the other night. As a fund raiser for AIDS, Canvas, a local Sarasota restaurant once a month sponsors Drag Queen Bingo, and of course I had to go.
Honestly the anticipation of going was more exciting than the actual event. I got such a rise out of the folks I told I was going there it was such fun! I mean, after you see the Queens strut their stuff and say their trashy words, it is after all, just bingo. Actually, it's bingo in the dark because there weren't enough lights to see by. It was worthwhile, but I'm over it...someone else can take my seat next time .
It's hard to believe it's been a month since the first meeting of Women with Moxie. Tonight's the second, and judging how the membership has grown, it will be better than the last one!! Even people who don't like to network are signing up for this one because of the name.
Tomorrow I leave again for California to deal with my aunt's estate. It will be my last time and it feels strange. Not that I went out there frequently, but I made a connection with her at the end of her life which I hadn't had before. I feel I need closure even on where she lived. I really don't understand it, but I'm just following my instincts.
No comments:
Post a Comment