
These days lots of people, including us, are looking into buying a flat screen high definition TV. Up until yesterday I was bothered about what to do with our old TV, then I decided to donate it to a Habitat for Humanity resale shop we have here.
I'm lucky, my TV works, but what to do with TVs, cell phones, computers and other electronic junk that reaches it's planned obsolescence date, and litters our houses. Then along comes my Ideal Bite for the day focusing on that exact issue! Here are some useful sites for you or anyone who might be in a similar situation. You can read here about the nationwide requirement by the FCC to move from analog to digital signals.
- Freecycle - if it still works, list your TV here and arrange for someone to pick it up.
- Earth911 - enter your zip code to find nearby TV recycling facilities.
- Energy Star - a directory of energy-efficient brands for your next TV purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment