Today I was in Target and had to use the loo. I know, over sharing, but hang in there, I'm going to make a point. I was astonished by the tiny narrow stalls, you know, the ones where you have to pull in your tummy and walk in sideways through the door past the bowl to be able to close the door. Forget it if you have packages, but then they don't let you take packages in. I used to think Target was worried about stealing, but I bet they are more worried about someone getting wedged in the stall and suing them.
We have heard a lot of chatter on TV about how obese we Americans are, so I find it fascinating that as are asses are getting bigger the public toilet facilities are getting smaller, not to mention the airline seats and toilets. Is it a conspiracy to make heavy people feel even more awful about themselves? A technique to help people loose weight? I mean, if you couldn't fit in the regular stall you would have to use the handicap toilet, possibly taking it away from someone who really needs it, and that's just not fair.
7.11.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment