7.10.2007

Beauty Tips

Ladies, you know how the skin on the under side of your arm by your arm pit gets all wrinkled, and sort of slides south to your elbow, as you near your 50's? I can't say this tip will take all that away and make that part of you look like a 30 year old, but if you really slather body cream on that less than firm skin, it will soften the sags a bit.

I do a double dose, or as the trade is fond of calling it, I layer. In the shower I use a body oil. You can use my luxurious Bath & Body Oil with tamanu, or of course, you can go get your salad or olive oil from your kitchen and use that. When you are still sopping wet pour some oil into your palm, rub your palms together then rub the oil on that less than desirable area, getting the whole area. While you're about it, might as well do your body which is still wet. My point of doing this while really wet is that 1) the oil seals in the moisture and 2) it's much easier to spread the oil when you're wet. The deal is to PAT dry. You don't want to rub away all the oil.

After I've dried off, done my hair and face, and before I get dressed I put on a dose of my Advanced Body Lotion, but you can use any penetrating emollient lotion you have. If you are brave enough to go sleeveless you can reapply during the day.

Don't expect an overnight miracle, but moisturizing your skin this intensely, especially in an area we often neglect, will eventually reap results.

Another way to tackle this problem is by lifting weights. I have been lifting weights and that's helping firm up that area, and my bone density scan, which diagnosed osteopenia two years ago has gotten better...not from the cream, from the weights, a double bonus.

Another tip

I figured this out the other day when I wanted to wear a skirt and was embarrassed by all my freckles on my legs. If your legs have veins, freckles, bruises, hyper/hypo pigmentation or are really pale, use expired old makeup mixed with body lotion and apply it as you would your regular body lotion. It doesn't look like makeup because it's diluted, but it's enough coverage to camouflage the flaws. I can still see my freckles, but it's much less, and I'm more comfortable wearing my flouncy skirt.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.