It's 11:19 pm and I've just figured out how to get the Internet connection set up here. Now, this long struggle I've had might have been precipitated by having a wee bit too much of the grape tonight, but hey, I'm on vacation, and I finally figured it out, strange modem and all, so give me a break!
My girls and I are having a very special time here in this special place. I can't encourage you enough to spend alone time with your adult children - put aside you are their parent and enjoy them as the wonderful adults they are.
I'm supposed to be sleeping because we have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to go with Captain Jess for a day of fishing, but my legs are doing their restless thing so I have to wait for the Requip to kick in. Don't scoff at those Requip commercials. Restless legs are a drag and are real, the pill is a lifesaver. Not mine so much, although I would be slightly more nuts without the pill, but anyone who comes in contact with me when I haven't slept because my legs are hopping all over the bed.
We are fishing for snook and redfish tomorrow in the mangroves. Snook is a wonderful tasting fish and if we get one that is regulation size I'm keeping it. The kids are into catch and release. That's okay if you get barracuda (not my favorite fish) but for a tasty fish there is such a thing as a freezer and a stove, a pan and butter which makes it a keeper in my book.
The Requip has finally made it through all that wine and is mellowing out these poor legs, so I'm closing down shop so I can be bright eyed (yeah, right!) tomorrow morning. Pictures to be coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment