Yesterday, Sunday, my designated catch up on reading blogs I subscribe to day, I discovered another blogger who does a weekly confession post. Like the internet addict I am (my confession), I read the post, then surged forward looking for another blog to appease my munchies for internet eavesdropping and lost track of the blog.
Yes, I think reading a personal blog, like mine or Greek Tragedy, Farmgirl Fare or Confessions of a Poineer Woman, among a zillion others, is akin to consensual long distance snooping- if there is such a thing. Readers are given looks into how these lives work or don't work on a daily basis, and you become like one sided pals, you begin to care how things are going for the author. Yes you can comment, but the majority of us don't, we're called lurkers, we read but don't let the author know we are. But it's all ok, this is how it works - I just thought I'd share that little insight with you.
But back to my confession. If the size of my butt is any indication of how much time I spend sitting on it in front of the computer, then an addict I am. I sat all day yesterday and today I've been sitting since about 10:00 am and it's now 1:00pm, and I'm not done yet.
I can't imagine how I ever learned anything before the computer. I look up stuff all the time. It is my major source of entertainment. I love to go on a site and follow the links getting throughly lost and unable to find my way back to the original link, but having such an interesting and educational time along the way. Does that ever happen to you? Ya think I'm addicted?
No comments:
Post a Comment