6.23.2007

What I Had for Dinner



What you are looking at is a lovely grouping of heirloom tomatoes, a mess of zucchini noodles and the unfortunately unappetizing photo (I'm working on my food photo skills) finished dish of Fettuccine Marina. All raw, very good. Here is the recipe adapted from the book, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. Here is her video preparing Donut Holes...yummmmmm.

Sun Dried Tomato Marinara - makes 4 servings

2 cups chopped tomatoes

1 clove garlic

1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves (I used 1 T dried)

1/4 extra virgin oil olive oil

Juice of 1/2 lemon ( I used lime)

1 t pitted dates

1 t oregano - fresh or dried

1/2 t rosemary, fresh or dried

1 t salt

3 T sun-dried tomatoes

Blend fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, dates, oregano, rosemary and salt until smooth. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and blend until well mixed. The sun-dried tomatoes will absorb the extra water and make the sauce thicker.

Will keep in fridge for two days.

Zucchini Noodles

Cut the tops and bottoms off zucchini. Take a vegetable peeler and peel zucchini until you get to the center seed section. At that point, thinly slice zucchini into strips about the same size as your peeled noodles, or reserve this core for a salad which I do since I like the smoothness of the noodles with out seeds. The picture shows noodles prepared with a nifty tool my friend Joan brought back from Thailand. With a peeler they will look different, but taste just as good.

Fluff the noodles and place on a pretty plate and spoon Marinara sauce over. Serve immediately.

TIP: Really, serve asap as the sauce makes the zucchini weep and there will be more water from the noodles than you want.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting the recipes. Yea raw food! I would be happy to provide food props for your photography practice. The pics you took for me 2 years ago are still being used in my promotions and website.

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.