I was having a catch-up chat with my good friend and former sister in law on my cell phone this morning. Lately I seem to be getting more dropped calls than normal so when that black hole of nothingness happened I clicked off and called her back. Then it happened again, but before I could call back she's back on the line and laughing - what was so funny? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to but I pushed the TALK button with my cheek bone and disconnected you. Then I must have pushed it again and there you were!"
This isn't so funny in the retelling here, but the point you need to get is that her cheek bones are so high and sculpted they can turn on and off cell phones.
When I was a kid having high cheek bones was a sign of great beauty, I think it still is, but now there is a more down to earth practical reason for those great bones. They come in handy if you're putting on your lipstick, or if your hands are full of soap suds or (the big no-no) you are driving and you need to turn off the cell phone. Just apply some gentle cheek pressure to the number pad and goodbye connection.
Disclaimer: This technique is not for us mere mortals with, how shall I say it, normal to flat faces or even the chubby cheek types. We will have to figure out another way to claim our fame.
No comments:
Post a Comment