5.03.2007

Getaway Diary

POS house but nice view


I am on a “getaway”, as I fondly call this brief escape from my daily life. If there was a monastery I’d go there, but since there isn’t I’ve ended up at Bradenton Beach, about 45 minutes north of Sarasota on a Barrier Island. B.B. is a resort town, and I chose to come here because I thought there was a bit of old Florida in the look of the buildings. Now that I have been here for an afternoon, I see there is a lot of surface and not too much substance in this quaint looking town. What I mean is there are a lot of tee shirt shops and general beach junk that, as I was originally driving by I didn’t see.

I guess it would have paid to get out of the car and walk around a bit. I was going to stay here for the two nights of my trip, but I think I’m going to pack up tomorrow and head for someplace else. For one thing, even though it’s off season the prices are ridiculous. I’m staying on the bottom floor of this piece of shit house, that I wonder how it ever withstood the storms of two years ago. The house is sandwiched between the water and the road. Unfortunately, I hear the road noises more than the lapping waves, and am not looking forward to a night with my head up against the wall closest to the road. I’m in the living room now and I feel as if the cars are driving through the bathroom!

I’m not usually a paranoid person, but the locks on the door a wolf could blow apart, and the 1989 Lovelier blinds fell down when I tried to lower them, so that anyone walking on the beach access has a pretty good view of me typing away on this lawn furniture table.

Listen to me!!…my friends Joan and Barbara are traipsing around Thailand and haven’t complained at all and I’ve only been gone from home for nine hours. Enough!!

I intend that tomorrow blooms with possibilities!

I am enjoying my solitude and the un-interrupted hours to read, snooze, take pictures or stare at the water...so there, I feel better now…my energy flow is going upward rather than downward.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.