4.09.2007

The Season of Florida

Easter has come and gone and I boiled nary an egg. Easter is like Christmas - for kids, and if there aren't any kids around, the holiday just glosses over blending into yet another lovely day.

However for us "locals" down here in the thick of tourist High Season, Easter is the harbinger of the snowbird migration northward. If I were to get on I 75 say this Friday, I bet good money there would be cars, campers and trailers packed with all the accumulated junk of a six month vacation creeping ass hold to elbow up the pike. It will be that way for about a month, then downtown you would think a bomb had dropped there are so many available parking spaces.

I point out when ever I can that Florida does have seasons - High Season, Spring/Summer, Hurricane Season, Fall/Winter, High Fire Season, and Rainy Season. So there all you nay-sayers.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.