4.19.2007

My Evil Twin Wins Again

Today is a "Creative Day" for me. This means I allow myself to do things other than work at the office. I ran a lot of errands this morning, and about 1:00 I was starving. The area I was in didn't have a Whole Foods or Richards market, so I stopped at Micky D's.

I know, I know it's so bad, but my evil twin who lives on my left shoulder was in high form.

evil: oh look! MacDonalds, yum, fries.
me: no, can't. i'm trying to eat healthy these days.
evil: hey, a few fries can't hurt you. it's not like you're going to have a big mac, a coke and a milkshake.
me: yeah but, it will throw off the detox and i sure don't want to do that any longer than i have to.
evil: what's so bad about fries?
me: well i was thinking of a fish sandwich too.
evil: fish is good for you. it's not like you do this every day, you know.
me: yeah, i know.
evil: look at all those people who eat here all the time. they're fat, but they don't have cancer, they're still alive, so what's the problem?
me: it's the principle of eating at macdonalds.
evil: principal simpable. you want the fish and fries, so go get it. you deserve it.
me: i deserve to eat junk food? thanks! but i'm going to pass out if i don't eat.
evil: so eat already, it's NOT going to kill you.
me: it's embarrassing, i'm the only one of my friends that eats junk food.
evil: what? so now you're stuck up?
me: no it's just general knowledge that eating at macdonalds is not very healthy. i'm working on being healthy, with no help from you thank you, so i'm sabotaging myself.
evil: again i say, you don't do it all the time, you're hungry and it's not going to hurt you this once. enjoy yourself.
me: (silence)
evil: you're almost to the driveway.
me: (silence)

You see, so how can I win? I also have hypoglycemia which, when I'm hungry makes me crazy. I buckled and had a #10, which is a fish sandwich, fries and an unsweetened ice tea. I know, I know.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leah
You are not the only one who eats junk, you are the only one who admits it.
L&L
Joan

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.