I've decided to take two days a week and devote them to doing something really creative. Just writing that makes my heart do a ra ta tat tat but I'm feeling the need to goof around with my hands making some crafty things. I've been gravitating toward decorated journals, liking the textures and colors created by layering stuff on top of stuff. A book I'm craving is Collage Sourcebook which I saw today. It's loaded with beautiful pictures and inspiring projects complete with directions on how to do many of them.
Since I'm a newbie with doing collage I need all the direction I can get. I know this because I've tried to put scraps of paper, buttons, lace, toilet paper and the like, together on a board and it wasn't at all how I had imagined it to look. It looked just like I'd slapped all that stuff together in some kind of fit or something.
I read (and save) the manuals that come with the coffee maker, TV, vacuum cleaner, garbage disposal etc. (I hope this doesn't dash my creative endeavors, it doesn't much fit the artistic profile, does it?) so following directions will be something I'm more or less comfortable doing. That's not to say my frustration level won't go through the roof...have you ever tried to program a universal remote?
3.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment