2.01.2007
Fun, but I'm Over It
I went bowling last night for the first time in, say probably 15 years. The time before that was about 30 years. God, I hate it when I write these numbers - it puts everything right in my face!
I had a great time though, and what was interesting was that we all had bowled before. How many people bowl? I did it in college as an easy PE credit. I was taught form was all important, so I seem to have a nice form, but can't get the ball to do what I want it to do like knock down those cute little peg things at the end of the alley.
I was encouraged by two members of our group (former Leagueers) to sort of toss the ball down the lane. Well, it was a whole lot easier on my knees and I even managed to knock down a couple of pins, but by then I was over it. My attention, span as a friend of mine lovingly says, is about as long as a nat, I'm good for one game and that's about it. But I encourage all you people who used to bowl to get your friends and your butts out to the nearest bowling alley, preferably not when there are leagues playing (they get really uptight when obvious screw-ups are near them) and play a couple of games. Oh, and an added bonus...electronic scoring - Hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment