It's occurred to me that it has been over a year since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, and only five months since I finished treatment, but I seldom mention it here in my blog world. That's because I rarely think about it. What is done is done, but lately I have been meeting women who are going through treatment or have recently finished, so that makes everything fresh again.
As I was walking Pepper (dog) tonight I realized how different today 1/19/07 was from 1/19/06. For one thing last year it was uncomfortably cold while I walked, this year it's only a one jacket night. A year ago I had had the tumor removed and was waiting for my first chemo appointment. Life was busy filled with worry, doctors, drains, friends and family. Now, my days are taken up with writing, taking photos and filling orders, and even with all that activity, feel somewhat empty.
During the course of my treatment last year I was tended to and considered in a way that is unique to the experience of illness, nothing is like it, and as those of you who have been through it, very difficult to explain. Never the less, it was real and now all that forward positive energy is gone. That doesn't mean negativity has taken it's place, far from it, it's just very different feeling for me.
With all this new awareness I'm having I've decided to create another blog where I will transcribe my journal from last year from diagnosis to completion. I'm not too sure why I'm doing this other than to put it out there for any to read. People have told me I have a great attitude, humbly, I would agree, and maybe like cooties, it will rub off on those who read The Cancer Year and help their journey to be lighter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment