12.04.2006

The Art of Word Making

I am thinking of creating a new name or division for Leah's Natural - I'm too close to the name. When I started the company four years ago I thought it a perfect name, but now, I've changed and feel cloistered by it.

During my breast cancer experience I had the opportunity to create and experiment with formulas to help with the terribly dry skin one gets from chemotherapy and the burns that accompany radiation. I made stuff that works, and I want to incorporate that into the line, focusing more on the restorative nature of my products rather than on the beauty aspect. Hence the name change.

I love words. I love to roll them around in my mouth and breath them out. I love interesting words and even words that don't have any formal meaning, but that, when you hear them, trigger something familiar in you. A short time ago I was blog surfing and came across a site where you could create a nonsensical word that represented something. You think I can find that site again? Not on your life. If anyone has run across a site like that, please let me know.

A bad thing I do when I blog is I look at links which leads me to more links and the whole thing becomes like a maze, and I often never get back home, choosing to close out of the mess rather than retrace. That's how I lost the site I want! Blogging is challenging for those of us with a touch of ADD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never run across that site. Maybe you could google nonsensical word generator and find it.
I usually bookmark sites as I click links so I end up with masses of bookmarks that make no sense to me later, ha,ha..

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.